Understanding Leaky Gut Syndrome: Signs, Causes, and Solutions
Guiding you to PEAK wellness, PEAK Integrative Medicine is committed to reinventing primary healthcare in Schuylkill County and central Pennsylvania. Our approach is rooted in personalized care that addresses the root causes of health issues while respecting your personal needs, beliefs, and preferences. Today, let’s explore leaky gut syndrome, a condition that impacts many people in our region.
What Is Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Increased intestinal permeability, or leaky gut syndrome, is a disorder where the intestinal wall’s lining becomes more porous. This porous intestinal wall allows dangerous substances to flow into your bloodstream and circulatory system. As the immune system of the body fights against this, it can result in a variety of health problems.
Schedule A Free Discovery Call
Learn more about PEAK and if one of our programs are right for you. Click the button below to schedule a free discovery call.
5 Warning Signs of Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Digestive Discomfort: Constipation, diarrhea, gas, or persistent bloating can all be signs of a damaged gut lining.
- Food Sensitivities: A leaky gut may be the cause of unexpected sensitivities or allergy to foods your body used to accept.
- Skin Problems: An imbalanced gut has been linked to skin issues like rosacea, acne, and eczema.
- Low Energy and Fatigue: Leaky Gut Syndrome can prevent nutrients from being absorbed properly, which lowers energy levels.
- Unexplained Aches and Pains: Inflammation brought on by a leaky gut may be responsible for joint pain and muscle aches that go undiagnosed.
What Causes Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Leaky gut can have a variety of causes, that is why it can be challenging to diagnose. A bad diet filled with processed foods, ongoing stress, an unbalanced gut flora, certain drugs, and environmental pollutants can all be contributing factors to leaky gut syndrome.
Leaky Gut Solutions
What is the solution for leaky gut syndrome? There are many therapies and solutions for your leaky gut, but these largely depend on your symptoms and diagnosis. Your symptoms combined with performing tests to diagnose the root cause. of your leaky gut syndrome will determine the solution to your leaky gut health issues. Many times, the solution to a leaky gut is your diet and avoiding certain foods. Changing your diet for leaky gut is just the beginning, healing your intestinal lining and repopulating your gut with healthy bacteria is vital for solving your leaky gut problem. All of this starts with a correct diagnosis.
Diagnosing Leaky Gut Syndrome
Correct diagnosis is essential for correctly treating your Leaky Gut Syndrome. The permeability of your gut lining may be determined using tests such as the lactulose-mannitol test or the zonulin test.
Lactulose-Mannitol Test: This test is performed through a urinalysis that determines the percentage or ratio of lactulose and mannitol.
Zonulin Test: This test can be performed through a stool sample or a blood test.
Treating Leaky Gut Syndrome
The amount of time it takes to treat your leaky gut syndrome can vary. What determines how quickly you can correct your leaky gut? A variety of factors including severity, personal reaction, and alterations in way of life. At PEAK Integrative Medicine, we place a high priority on individualized care to identify your health needs.
Natural Solutions for Leaky Gut Syndrome
At PEAK we love to provide natural solutions for you to heal your body by targeting the root cause of your leaky gut.
Diet: Eat a nutrient-rich, anti-inflammatory diet. Ensure that you consume a lot of nutritious foods, healthy fats, lean proteins, and fiber.
- Probiotics: Restore gut health by balancing your gut microbiota with probiotic-rich meals and supplements.
- Stress Management: Prolonged stress might make leaky gut worse. Use relaxation methods like yoga, meditation, or deep breathing.
- Supplements: Zinc, glutamine, and omega-3 fatty acids can help the intestines recover.
- Hydration: Drinking enough water promotes digestion and maintains the integrity of the intestinal barrier.
What Are The Consequences of Ignoring Leaky Gut Syndrome?
Chronic inflammation, autoimmune disorders, allergies, and more serious medical issues can develop over time as a result of untreated leaky gut syndrome. Make sure you seek out the help you need to treat your leaky gut. Contact us a Peak Integrative Medicine. We want to work with you to reach PEAK health.
Contact Peak Integrative Medicine For Leaky Gut Treatment
We offer care tailored to your personal needs, beliefs, and preferences. By putting your family’s health and growth above all else, we aim to empower you with the tools you need to achieve your personal PEAK physical, mental, and emotional health. On your path to achieving optimal health, our team is here to help you if you believe leaky gut syndrome may be having an impact on your health.
Initial Phone Consult
- Talk to Dr. Touchinsky about the specifics of the Functional Medicine Program. With a brief review of your personal health status.
Schedule A Call
We believe in 100% transparent pricing, so let’s talk about what is included in our membership plans, how we work with those that have health insurance (98% of our patients do), and any other anticipated costs that may apply to your individual situation and health goals.